This year marks the 75th anniversary of VE day. Unfortunately the recent covid-19 crisis put the the North Walsham celebrations on hold, amongst many other things! This is the artwork I produced for the commemorative beer being produced by the local Panther Brewery in Norfolk especially for the occasion. This is the artwork in it’s raw state with ink bleed, etc. – what design jobs like this always look like before they ‘hit the bottle’ (is this OK to say?)
Designing a CD cover isn’t just the pretty bit on the front. It’s the whole package and it’s great to get my “file copy” 😉 when it’s as good as this cool double CD with booklet and free postcards for one of the rockinest bands ever!!
My son, Matt Beauchamp, now has a page for his illustration and design work if anybody needs some cool designs for T-Shirts, record covers, general merchandise, etc.
Head over and see a bunch of his work so far. It’s all far more current than all my old rock ‘n’ roll stuff. Specialising more in DJ, dub, dance, ska and reggae projects at great prices.
Another CD album cover comes to fruition and off to the pressing plant. A new compilation of instrumentals on the Trophy Records label featuring 27 tracks of the guitar sound of Alan Wilson over the years from many different releases and labels. This is the sort of thing that happens when you lock away guys like Alan and me!
This is a snapshot of some of the many instrumental tracks by various bands that all have one thing in common: Musician Alan Wilson. Tracks in this collection span from the late 80s right up to present day, including many previously unreleased gems. A must for fans of guitar-based instrumentals.
1. Cosmonaut – The Sharks
2. Munster’s Theme – Howlin’ Wilson
3. Chuck’s Mambo – The Frantic Flintstones
4. On The Buses Theme – Howlin’ Wilson
5. Atomic Detective – The Howlin’ Coyotes
6. Sheba – Howlin’ Wilson
7. Tears Of The USS Arizona – Chuck & The Hulas
8. Joe 90 Theme – The Persuaders
9. Blue Blue Beat – Howlin’ Wilson
10. Egyptian Reggae – The Sharks
11. Night Of The Vampire – Howlin’ Wilson
12. Dia De Los Muertos – Bill Fadden & The Mostly Losers
13. Marine Boy Theme – Howlin’ Wilson
14. Hoots Mon! – McNasty’s Unsavoury Six
15. Fireball XL5 (short version) – Howlin’ Wilson
16. The Spook Walks – The Holloway Echoes
17. Hell Riders – The Sharks
18. The Switch – Howlin’ Wilson
19. Hawaiian Thang – Chuck & The Hulas
20. Jeramiah – Howlin’ Wilson
21. The King Of Japan – The Sharks
22. The Savage (home demo) – Howlin’ Wilson
23. Return Of The Ex-Presidents – The Woodies
24. Surfcaster (demo version) – The Sharks
25. The Ghost Of Mad Dog Dan – The Wanderers
26. The Man From MI5 – The Persuaders
27. Diamonds – The Woodies
This weeks record cover and packaging has been approved an on it’s way to the pressing plant. Jack Rabbit Slim have been one of the biggest rockabilly bands on the planet for the last 10 or 15 years up until their split fairly recently. This is for a double CD covering the best from their many albums and singles.
Sometime I just kick supplied artwork into shape for the pressing plant, sometimes I work on layout and composition and sometimes, like this time, I get full artwork duties juggling Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign to produce every aspect of the CD packaging.